Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have soreness type pain on the left side of my stomach ..

Customer Question

I have soreness type pain on the left side of my stomach .. it started after I moved suddenly in bed
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.
This is most likely acid peptic disorder - 'gas pains; in the stomach. A pain in this region could be due to a number of causes - acid peptic disorder (acid reflux, gastric erosion, ulcers), pancreatitis, splenic flexure syndrome (a bubble of gas trapped in the splenic part of colon), cardiac causes (ischemia, pericarditis, myocarditis).

Most likely it is APD or acid peptic disorder - acid dyspepsia or gas pains can cause pain in this region.

But you need to see a doctor for a checkup to rule out other causes of pain.

You may need to go to the ER if there is any sudden severity of pain, or if it persists. In any case show your doctor ASAP.
Teststo discuss with your doctor are EKG for the heart, ultrasound of the abdomen and if necessary an Upper GI endoscopy.

Till you get to the doctor, you can try initially with some antacid, like Mylanta (OTC) 2 tsf three times daily and Tab. Zantac 150 mg once daily assuming it to be acid reflux.

But you need to consult your doctor at the earliest.

Take care - sounds like acid dyspepsia - but do see a doctor and get other causes ruled out.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.