DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I was found to have 18 growths on liver in 2011 all having

Customer Question

I was found to have 18 growths on liver in 2011 all having occured from 2008. Had biopsy which was inconclusive. Now growths have grown in size and numbers since MRI in Jan. What is the possible outcome of this situation
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

That depends on what these are.

You need another biopsy if the first was inconclusive.

It is not normal to have more and more growths in the liver.

This might be focal nodular hyperplasia, which is benign, but if the tumors get large and cause pain they are surgically removed.

Benign adenomas and hemangiomas are other possibilities.

Either can be removed if large.

It seems unlikely that this would be cancer, but further dianosis is needed.

I suggest that you be working with a hepatololgist and a liver surgeon at this point for assessment.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.