Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Hello,I cant get aroused I cant touch my balls with out pain

Customer Question

Hello,I can't get aroused I can't touch my balls with out pain I'm 60year old truck driver would castration help
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry that you are having problems.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
How long has this been bothering you?
Have you had any evaluation to determine why the scrotum is so tender?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My scrotum is ok it is my balls
The scrotum includes the balls/testicles, but there are also some other structures that lie immediately on the testicles that are difficult for a layman to differentiate from the testicles, which is why I use the more general term of the scrotum.
However, have you had any evaluation to determine why the balls are so tender?

I have not heard back from my last query.

Whether castration will help will depend upon what is found to be the problem. If there is a problem within the testicles, themselves, then castration may be helpful in easing the pain. Castration is usually considered to be a last option for most problems after other treatment have failed, but it may help ease pain.

Castration is not as likely to help improve arousal, at least not by itself. Certainly, if the pain is preventing arousal, removing the source of the pain may help. But the testicles are also the source of testosterone, and low levels of testosterone also lead to problem with erectile dysfunction. Therefore, there would also typically need to be testosterone replacement.

However, there is also the possibility that the underlying problem is actually involving the epididymis, which lies on top of the testicles, collecting sperm from the testicles that then travel up a tube towards the prostate and urethra. If this is the problem, then castration will likely not be helpful for relief of pain or improvement in arousal.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.