Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My child who is 7 has fluorosis on her 2 new top teeth , on

Customer Question

My child who is 7 has fluorosis on her 2 new top teeth , on the Internet looking for treatments mi paste came up with case studies on whitening the teeth results showed teeth back to normal. Is this product ok to use on a child we live in the uk
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a Dr/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Yes, whiteners can be used in children on nonpermanent teeth as well as permanent teeth. It is recommended that they be used under supervision or recommendation of a dentist.

Some whiteners can cause resorption of the root of the tooth in the baby teeth of children. These are the strong hydrogen peroxide containing bleaches.

Speak with your dentist first for an over the counter recommendation.