Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I had shingles 12years ago I received a nerve block injection

Customer Question

I had shingles 12years ago I received a nerve block injection in the thoracic area this damaged the nerves resulting in acute pain which I have had for the twelve years the injection or the components used . Caused damage to the muscles in the lower back on the side where the injection was made . This has resulted in curvature of the spine .i have had a stimulater put in to try and relive the nerve pain this was then removed my GP referred me to a pain consultant who has recommended a similar nerve block injection . I am due to have this carried out next week . With all the trouble I had from the first injection I fear that this wil make my problem worse .what would you suggest? .i am 80 years old
Expert:  Ken replied 4 years ago.

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

Were any investigations done to see for the cause for the symptoms - MRI to be specific?