DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Back in March I went to the dentist with an absess

Customer Question

Back in March I went to the dentist with an absess on my left jaw, they took a exray and said that a molar I had had extracted 6yrs priar,had left the root in and had become infected they gave me a course of Amoxicillin and told me that i would be refered to hostpital to have it extracted,but this weekend it has errupted again twice as big and very painful I am takeing Ibuprofen for the pain but was wondering if there is anything eles i can do untill my appointment comes through in July. Do I need another course of Amoxicillin and if so how can i get it as i live on my own and have no means of transport only my invalid scooter. Iam a pensioner 70yrs old. Yours Sincerley Jenny XXXXX ( mrs )

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Amoxicillin is not the correct drug...that is the problem.

Use doxycicline or augmentin, among others, for better anerobic coverage.

Move up your appointment if you can, but a 2 week course of doxy will probably work.

Talk to your doctors immediately.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How can i talk to my doctor when there is no one there on a Sunday!!

My doctor did not supple me with the Amoxicillin it was the so called dentist who made the mess up with the extraction in the first place.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
A&E then.

Most docs have answering services and cross coverage...if not, it is perfectly justifiable to go to emergency if you are in great pain and can not wait.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
simply use reply if you have further questions.
I found you in my in box, but no post from you.
Please do not forget a positive rating.