Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

GA-JA continual itch. mainly back but other at times.

Customer Question

continual itch. mainly back but other at times.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

How long have you been having this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello

Dr. P Jyoti :

The most likely cause for this is dry skin or Xerosis. This often occurs in the elderly, and is likely for you.

Dr. P Jyoti :

this can often be tackled by some simple steps - take care to apply moisturizing lotions regularly, do not use too much of hot baths or showers, always be careful to apply moisturizing lotions after a bath, use moisturizing soaps.

Dr. P Jyoti :

There are also systemic causes of such itching. Itching is often the first symptom of liver diseases. Itching can also occur in kidney diseases, blood disorders, diabetes, thyroid disorders and rarely cancers.

Dr. P Jyoti :

Another possibility is contact dermatitis. In this, the itching is associated with rash.

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hence you should consult a doctor to have all these conditions ruled out. You should discuss about blood tests for these conditions. This symptom of itching requires that you have a full medical check up.

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry for unavoidable deiay. itching accompanied by s lightly sore mouth and throat.

Hello Bryan,

The soreness of throat and mouth is probably unconnected.

However, conditions like diabetes, thyroid disorders, etc may cause both these symptoms.

Hence you need to see your doctor for this.

Till you get to the doctor, try with moisturizing lotions as advised.

You can also take tab Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC) which will help with this itching.

But see your doctor at the earliest appointment you can manage.

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 3 years ago.

We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co.uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Here is the link to your question page, for your reference, http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/7u4et-continual-itch-mainly-back-times.html

Meanwhile, It appears that you have posted two identical questions. I have closed the duplicate question page and you can view your original question page here:

You will be able to make as many replies and ask as many followup questions as are necessary of your Expert in order to receive a satisfactory Answer. Please use the reply button when responding to the Expert until you receive a satisfactory answer. Once you receive a satisfactory answer, giving the Expert a positive rating transfers the deposit to them for their work with you.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Customer Support Team.

Hello Bryan,

Have you received my second response? Is there any further information that you need?

Dr. P. Jyoti