Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had swelling in my legs to feet and I had a CT Angiogram.

I had swelling in my legs to feet and I had a CT Angiogram. The results say that I have no blood vessels in the back of my legs. The doctors think I was born with this disorder. I need to know about this problem.

NA
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JA
I will be glad to help you with this

Do you have the angiogram report
Can you type in the report summary?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have the report with me. The clinic still has it.

OK
so what is missing
I think that you need to get the report for me.

You could not be missing arteries..your legs would never have survived.

There might be an anomolous pattern of ciculation anatomically

What is missing specifically
Do you have any details or can you get the report?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I have had a Stroke in 2005 from a clot, I then had a blocked left vertebral artery and was told that I had vasculitis.

I can't get the report until tomorrow.

OK
Just get the report and type it in here
It sounds like you have problems in the veins and possibly in the arteries.

A vasculitis would make sense.

Lets see what the report says.
I will be here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thank you. I'll log on tomorrow. How do I get back to you?

Just come to this post
You can always open it from your end
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

aok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is the conclusion of CT Angiogram results.

Occlusion of both posterior tibial arteries at the origins, but the posterior tibial arteries reform by collaterals from the peroneal artery. Normal appearances of the anterior tibial artery bilaterally.

Normal appearances of the thoracic and abdominal aorta as well as of the iliac and femoral vessels.

OK
Your arteries are there.

You misunderstood something that was said.
The problem is that the posterior tibial arteries are clotted off.
So the arteries in the back of the leg are there, but clotted.
That is the problem.
This most often happens from peripheral vascular disease...but it can also happen as a result of autoimmune vessel disease as well...inflammation of the vessels , then clot.
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.