How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18768
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

mom ask me to move back in with her.

Customer Question

I'm 25 Years old living with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now. We're happy but our life is not going anywhere. Yesterday my mom call to let me know that my big sister who live with my parents for 4 years(and have no boyfriend) won a scholarship and she is moving aboard. And now my mom want me to go back home. She said " until the end of this year If you not getting married then you should come home". I don't know what I should do. I love my boyfriend and pretty happy with him. I cannot leave him. I love my mom but I don't want to live in my home town. and I don't want to hurt her. Can you help me please?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

At this point in your life, you should be doing things because they are what you want to do, not because of what other people (even your mother) wants you to do. You also should not do something because of what a medical expert (such as myself) thinks should be done. You should only do things that you want to do.

If you are currently happy living with your boyfriend and do not want to leave, then you should continue to live with your boyfriend.

If you reach a point in your life where it is more important to you to be in a relationship that is going somewhere, then you may make a different decision. But from your description, it sounds like you want to continue to stay with your boyfriend, and if so, that is what you should do.

It would also be important to note that if you find yourself getting upset about making such decisions and crying, it may be of benefit to seek counselling. Of course, this is also dependent upon the severity of symptoms. Anyone would find it difficult to make a decision that they know will upset their parents,and some stress and upset mood when faced with such a decision is normal. But if there are a greater amount of symptoms, particularly if it is getting to the point that it is impacting daily activities, then counselling may be appropriate.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.