Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have upper leg muscle pain and upper arm muscle pain. the

I have upper leg muscle pain and upper arm muscle pain. the pain can also go into my groin. My left leg and foot at the end of the day swell up. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hello have you had any tests for this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello are you typing something? this is what is shown here. I am waiting for your response

I was trying to chat live with you on this.

There are a number of causes of such muscle pain.

This could be due to cervical disc lesions, endocrinological problems like diabetes and hypothyroidism, muscle neurone diseases, etc.

The swelling of foot also needs to be examined further.

Tests needed are blood sugar, thyroid hormone, liver function, kidney function, MRI of cervical disc, nerve conduction tests. Also cardiac function for foot swelling.

Consult your doctor and ask for these tests. This will help to get you a correct diagnosis and treatment.

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P. Jyoti