Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

hi I am constantly worried about every cancer and have

Customer Question

hi

I am constantly worried about every cancer and have written in many times, now i am worried about oesophageal cancer which is really scaring me. I have had swollen tonsils for 3 months but they are getting better, and swollen glands also for 3 months. I went to an ent specialist who sent me for an ultrasound, my nodes came back at 3cm either side of my neck so i had a biopsy which came back non malignant. I havent had an endoscopy becuase too worried about what the results might be. I have had trouble swallowing and today i through up my food in my mouth as if it went down the wrong hole. I really dont no if the trouble swallowing is due to anxiety as i constantly worry about cancer. I had an endoscpy 13 months ago and it came back all clear with no GERD, if i had this type of cancer would it have shown some damage to my oesophagus 13 months ago.

thanks
Expert:  Ken replied 4 years ago.

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

May I know the symptoms you are having apart from difficulty in swallowing which worry you of cancer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

one time yesterday regugatation, i have had had swollen lymph nodes for 3 months.

Expert:  Ken replied 4 years ago.
Hello Elliott Peterman,

I do understand your anxiety.

Regurgitation and swollen nodes do not make a diagnosis of cancer. Any cancer in the body is abnormal growth of cells. It presents with symptoms such as severe loss of weight and appetite/ lump {depending on the site} and other findings.

Carcinoma of esophagus will have associated symptoms like difficulty in swallowing, pain while swallowing, cough, extra. Upper GI scopy, barium swallow and CT scan will help in diagnosis. I would not think of cancer at your age too. Scopy would have picked up cancer if it would have been there 13 months back.

Please do not worry.

Best