Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hi I have suffered with Sinus issues over the last few years,

Customer Question

I have suffered with Sinus issues over the last few years, but in the last 1 it's become more of a problem
The doctor keep prescribing me doxycycline, and where this has helped in the past I feel that I'm getting used to them, at last I have an apt with ENT in my area, as its been going on so long i'm concerned that its something else
I have pressure around my nose, and it can go under my eye socket, which causes a headache that can go from the back of my head to the front, as well as feeling sick, as well as feeling sort of 'spaced out' with a whoozy feeling
can the weather effect Sinus, and could a decongestant such as Sudafed and some antihistamine help?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello I am an ENT specialist and can help you with this. Would you like to chat on this?

JACUSTOMER-4ph5gw3g- :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-4ph5gw3g- :

Hi I have suffered with Sinus issues over the last few years, but in the last 1 it's become more of a problem The doctor keep prescribing me doxycycline, and where this has helped in the past I feel that I'm getting used to them, at last I have an apt with ENT in my area, as its been going on so long i'm concerned that its something else I have pressure around my nose, and it can go under my eye socket, which causes a headache that can go from the back of my head to the front, as well as feeling sick, as well as feeling sort of 'spaced out' with a whoozy feeling can the weather effect Sinus, and could a decongestant such as Sudafed and some antihistamine help? Thanks

Optional Information: Person's Gender: Female Person's Age: 47
Already Tried: Doxycycline steroid nasal spray menthol crystals
Urgency: Medium Level of Detail: Medium
Sent to Medical Experts Today at 6:30

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello

Dr. P Jyoti :

yes these symptoms all appear to be signs of sinusitis

JACUSTOMER-4ph5gw3g- :

Hi I have suffered with Sinus issues over the last few years, but in the last 1 it's become more of a problem The doctor keep prescribing me doxycycline, and where this has helped in the past I feel that I'm getting used to them, at last I have an apt with ENT in my area, as its been going on so long i'm concerned that its something else I have pressure around my nose, and it can go under my eye socket, which causes a headache that can go from the back of my head to the front, as well as feeling sick, as well as feeling sort of 'spaced out' with a whoozy feeling can the weather effect Sinus, and could a decongestant such as Sudafed and some antihistamine help

Dr. P Jyoti :

headaches are a very typical sign of sinusisis

Dr. P Jyoti :

and the symptoms that you describe of pressure around the eye socket and nose, are very typical

Dr. P Jyoti :

the weather can certainly affect sinusitis, it is more in cloudy weather for example

Dr. P Jyoti :

it is good that you are scheduled for an ENT examination

Dr. P Jyoti :

this should enable you to get a diagnosis

Dr. P Jyoti :

discuss with your doctor about sinusitis

JACUSTOMER-4ph5gw3g- :

I know this, but am after an alternative treatment, as I cant rely on anti bots all the time, any ideals???

Dr. P Jyoti :

ask about doing a CT scan of the sinuses

Dr. P Jyoti :

this is very necessary for a diagnosis and treatment

Dr. P Jyoti :

some of the alternative treatments that you can try yourself are:

Dr. P Jyoti :

Fluids: drink plenty of water.

Dr. P Jyoti :

Humidifier: use a humidifier in your room since drying of the sinuses can cause this.

Dr. P Jyoti :

Warm compresses: warm compresses on the sinus areas will give relief.

Dr. P Jyoti :

Vit. C supplement: 1000 mg Vit. C supplements daily (available OTC).

Dr. P Jyoti :

N- Acetyl Cysteine: this is a supplement available at natural food stores which helps drainage.

Dr. P Jyoti :

try these steps

Dr. P Jyoti :

Sudafed and antihistaminics are also very useful for sinusitis

Dr. P Jyoti :

your ENT doctor is likely to advise you for them

Dr. P Jyoti :

try these steps till you get to the doctor, they will surely give you relief

Dr. P Jyoti :

at the same time, discuss thoroughly with your doctor

Dr. P Jyoti :

do you have any questions?

Dr. P Jyoti :

Are you satisfied with my answer? Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Thank you.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello any further questions?

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.