DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a problem, some times when I want to speak in public

I have a problem, some times when I want to speak in public I experience intense fear so much that my heart will violently skip a beat and I will lose my poise and my voice will tremble. I have been treated with salipax and Xanax, the salipax treatment has helped reduce my fear but it is still there. What do I do?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
IN fact a beta blocker can treat this symptom.
And since you have heart symptoms this might work better than the meds you are currently on.

I would treat this homeopathically, prior to resorting to any meds.

However, a beta blocker would be less likely to have side effects that the combination you are on, and would be only for use prior to the talks, so you would not have to take a pill every day.

I would talk about this with your doctor.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.