jbmd
jbmd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified physician in Internal Medicine - 30+ years experience
69164063

neck upper back and arm pain

Customer Question

hi, a couple of weeks ago i started with pain behind my right ear and it was slightly swollen a few days ago the back of my head (right side) started hurting and is slightly swollen but now the pain has also moved to my upper back and into my shoulder and down my right arm i sometimes get like a numb feeling in my finger and the pins and needles. anyone know what it could be?

Expert:  jbmd replied 4 years ago.

jbmd :

Hi--are you sick? any fevers? do you have swollen glands in the front of your neck? Can you bend your neck down and side-to-side?

jbmd :

What is going on with your arm sounds like a pinched nerve--either from something in your neck or from the muscles where the nerve root comes out pressing on the nerve

jbmd :

Are you able to chat?