jbmd
jbmd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified physician in Internal Medicine - 30+ years experience
69164063

i am feeling alot of pain in my left ovary since ovulation

Customer Question

i am feeling alot of pain in my left ovary since ovulation my next period is due next week friday. what could cause the pain?
Expert:  jbmd replied 4 years ago.

jbmd :

I'm sorry you are having this problem It could indicate an ovarian cyst or possibly an infection in your ovary. You should have an examination of your ovary by a doctor and an ultrasound to look at that area.

jbmd :

If you have fever or a discharge or severe pain, please go to the emergency room. They can make sure that ovary is fine and there's no serious problem like the above or a possible pregnancy in the tube that leads from that ovary.

jbmd :

I can't examine or treat you online, of course, but I can give you excellent advice, which is to make sure you don't have a serious problem. Please go to get care.

Customer :

ok thank you

jbmd :

Take care of yourself.