DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

i am 48yrs old I was sexually abused from 3 - 12 yrs old by

Customer Question

i am 48yrs old I was sexually abused from 3 - 12 yrs old by my father and his mates. I am married with 4 grown up children, but since the death of my mother the past has come back to haunt me and although my husband and I have sex we have very different sex drives his being off the scale and mine zero. I do have sex with him when he wants it but I zone out and relive the abuse over again . what can I do
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

this requires psychotherapy from a PHD clinical psychologist.

Past trauma effectively can give you PTSD, and reliving trauma is typical of this.

There are a variety of techniques emerging that are showing great effectiveness, such as EMDR, a desensitization technique, but this should be done in the context of therapy by a qualified professional.

PhD clinical psychologists are usually family therapists, and when appropriate, your husband could participate in sessions, thus further helping with all healing needed.

Take a look here about EMDR
http://www.emdr.com/
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.