Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

have had diarrhea for the past 5 days with stomach pains and

Customer Question

have had diarrhea for the past 5 days with stomach pains and dry mouth can you help with some medicine thanking you john ayling
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
We cannot prescribe medicines over the internet, although we can help advise on which over the counter medicines may be helpful?
Would this be of assistance to you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been taken saxagliptin 5mg for my diobeties in march 2012

had camera up my bottom no polips were found

Was the camera in the colon done since the onset of the diarrhea?
Have you had any other symptoms over the last 5 days, such as nausea or vomiting?
Which pain killers have you been taking?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no colon done in march 2012,tiredness,nurofen plus.ps I am leaving uk to live in spain so l will only pay the £40 for your information about my problem can you recommend a medicine.

Thank you for the additional information.

The most common cause of diarrhea for 5 days would be a viral infection of the gut, which also can cause diffuse pain. A viral infection would also be the most common cause of abodminal pain of short duration.

The usual approach would be to use symptomatic relief, as there is no medicine that will directly treat a viral infection. The best medicine that is available over the counter to help with this would be Imodium. It also is recommended to simplify the diet to clear liquids, as this will also help ease symptoms. It is also fine to also take paracetamol for the abdominal pain.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thankyou doctor

You're welcome.

If I have answered your question, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I can be compensated for my time in assisting you.