Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Sir, I have my wife & 25, 23,20 years sons & 16 years daughter.

Customer Question

Sir, I have my wife & 25, 23,20 years sons & 16 years daughter. Sir please let me know what about them?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Whether there is any concern for spreading Hepatitis B would depend upon the stage of the infection. Hepatitis B can be spread when there is the virus present in the blood stream, but is only spread by blood or body fluids. As such, there is no risk to your children, as long as there is no injury that causes bleeding. Transmission to your wife may be possible during sex, so if there is active infection, there should be precautions taken when having sex, specifically avoidance or condom use. If it is a self-limited infection, once the virus is no longer detected, there is no risk of transmission to the wife. When you see your doctor to intepret the blood tsts, the doctor will be able to inform you of the stage of infection and whether there is any risk of transmission to your wife.