Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

i have ovulation pain every month what causes this and will

Customer Question

i have ovulation pain every month what causes this and will i get pregnant even through the pain?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.

DrK99 :

Hello, this is Dr K. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a Dr/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

DrK99 :

Hello and welcome. Your expert appears offline, do you need help?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Ovulation pain may be normal for many women. It does not necessarily mean that anything is wrong.

It could be a sign of an ovarian cyst or of endometriosis. You should at least have an ultrasound done to be sure that everything looks ok.

Yes, you should still be able to get pregnant. At age 19, it would be rare not to be able to conceive. I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you recommend and medication that can enhance fertility?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Unless you have been diagnosed with infertility, meaning you have attempted to conceive for a year, there is no need for medication. You should be taking a prenatal vitamin, which you can get over the counter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Do you have more questions that I can help with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what will prenatal vitamins do?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
If you are trying to become pregnant you should be on prenatal vitamins before you conceive. They have folic acid in them. This prevents certain birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida.