Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

hello sir, I am having a problem with unstable emotions, one

Customer Question

hello sir, I am having a problem with unstable emotions,
one day im happy and next im sad and angry (if i dont get things my way). What should i do?
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Since how long this has been going on?

Any treatment you have taken so far for this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

since i was young. Sometimes i am really happy, and sometimes sad. And this past relationship i showed traits of becoming an angry person for insecurities. Even my family relations, if i dont get something i get angry or if someone tells me to do something i become edgy.

No treatment taken so far

Thank you very much for the useful information Dhruv.

This clearly sounds a depressive illness, and let me also tell you that this is a fairly common problem experienced by most of us (at least for some duration in our life).

You need medical help, and for that a psychiatrist is the best person to get a consultation with.

He can listen to you and take a detailed interview to exactly diagnose this condition, so that an appropriate management plan is instituted in time that suits best to your needs.

Drugs

Psychotherapy

Life style modification ---- all are involved in the treatment.

Having said that, let me share with you that the first step towards treating these kind of common psychiatric problems (like depression) is self-identification of the problem. And in your case you have done this and already broken the barriers.

This makes me believe that you will respond well to the treatment and will come out of this condition very soon, for ever, you just need to initiate seeking appropriate medical help.

I would have been worried too if i were at your place but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carries a good prognosis with appropriate management.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.