DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had a sinus infection for which I was prescribed cefuroxime.

Customer Question

I have had a sinus infection for which I was prescribed cefuroxime. The condition has cleared but I was left with hearing loss (loud buzzing in my left ear and have complete hearing loss in right ear . Can I expect this condition to clear soon.?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

No not necessarily
You need to see an ear doctor immediately.

This can be continued infection, or inflammation, and might need a course of steroids, drainage, etc...to try to salvage hearing.

This is not something to just wait on.

Complete hearing loss is never normal.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.