DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

hello, my wife had the mirena coil fitted for a period of

Customer Question

hello,

my wife had the mirena coil fitted for a period of approximatley 12 months. She eventually had it removed as it was making her feel low all the time. After removal these low / unhappy feeling seams to have got worse still. Could you advice if this is common and what we can do?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
It might have nothing to do with the coil, or the hormonal blance is off and the coil did not help
What testing has she had, what type of doctor
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No testing yet, we have just read alot of forums with women all over the world talking about things like the mirena crash. This is so out of character for her it kind of makes sense that they are linked

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
OK
To get a full hormone picture, she needs
Thyroid studies
Sex hormone panel
Adrenal hormone testing.

It is impossible to interpret what is going on without having these values.

It might be more adrenal or thyroid that is the actual problem, or she might need a different sex hormone preparation.

I would suggest an endocrinologist at this point.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.