DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have perfected a technique to prevent recurring infections

Customer Question

I have perfected a technique to prevent recurring infections in tht human ear. I am now approaching 5-years since i'v used medication to treat infections.

Can you recommend a ENT Consultant to oversee a demonstration and willing to write a report on his findings ?.

E. Morrison.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
It is unlikely that an ENT doctor would use any medication not tested in clinical trials.
Are you asking that the ENT doctor review you? And your results?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I suffer from Perforation ( left side ) Tympanoplasty ( right side ). Tinnitis, Vertigo. I have not suffered with recurring infections in either ear in excess of 4 years.Nor have I needed any type of medication during this period. I simply want a ENT Surgeons written opinion to prove my technique is authentic and effective.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
OK
I am sorry to tell you that such an opinion would not prove that the method is effective.

In fact using it on one person as you describe does not prove anything.

One would first need a pilot study with approximately 50 individuals or so, then larger clinical trials, and that is all after other mor laboratory investigations.

The ENT opinion would be something like...this might have helped, and if there is any scientifically possible reason.

What about the ENT that has taken care of your ear, this would seem ideal?:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My ENT Consultant suggests I write a paper to be published in the Lancet Medical Journal and sign the IP Rights of the concept to his NHS Trust.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
The paper would be a case history.

Your ENT could help you submit this, but it is really your ENT that should right the paper, and you should handle the rights.

It proves nothing at all, but if an institution were interested in studying it, then that would get things under way.

It is unlikely that the Lancet is going to publish a case history written by a patient. Far better chances [but not great] if written by the ENT.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your expert opinion. I don't envisage using this site again in the foreseeable future.

Please be kind enough to cancel all financial transactions between myself and Just Answer and return my deposit paid to you last week whilst i'm still within the 7 day trial period.

Kind Rregards

Ted Morrison.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Experts have nothing to do with what you set up with JA
That would be customer service.
We in fact answer your questions in good faith.

We are only paid for the time we spend by ja if you do a positive rating.

If you do not, we are not paid.