Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

will i be able to hold down a stressful job?

Customer Question

will i be able to hold down a stressful job? after being diagnosed with polymorphic psychotic disorder and hospitalized twice

Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 4 years ago.
Greetings !

Welcome to the site.

I am Dr. Kaushik and i believe i can help you with your problem.

Well to be frank a diagnosis of polymorphic psychotic disorder with two previous hospitalizations seems to be a very serious condition and is more likely to get worsened if a stressful event or situation or surrounding is exposed to the same person therefore practically speaking one with such an underlying disorder should avoid such stressful jobs and environment because it is a known fact that stress induces / precipitates/ worsens a polymorphic psychotic condition. So in order to have a better outcome / prognosis with this condition better will be to engage in less stressful jobs and working environment in order to avoid decompensation in terms of impairment in professional, social and inter-personal domains of life.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards.