Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Good morning, Not really sure if you can help me, but i

Customer Question

Good morning,

Not really sure if you can help me, but i am at odds as to what to do. Our middle daughter has been a handful since her teens. She became pregnant at eighteen and then another baby at nineteen and a half. It has been an absolute rollercoaster ride with her.
We have done whatever we could to help her. She is now married and aged 22 now.
It came to a head this year when my husband and i built a new home and the daughter wanted to rent our old place for 200 a week cause that was all they could afford. It was fully furnished for them. They only had to bring their beds. They were previously living in a shed on son in laws parents property with the 2 children. We took this on to not only give the children a home to live in but plenty of room for them.
From the time they moved in, there wanted one thing or another. New fences, which we erected. Then she wanted a fence put across front of property but we said no as we raised 3 daughters without a front fence and didnt want one.
Anyone, because she didnt get what she wanted, she stayed away, keeping the grandchildren from us.
It recently came to a head in june when our eldest daughter was taken to Redcliffe hospital misscarrying with her first pregnancy. This middle girl was there. When she said to me to go - f**k myself- and that she doesnt have a mother has cut me to the core. It was the most disgusting display but to do it on that day, has somehow torn me to pieces.
It is on my mind, over and over again. I cry all the time and honestly feel like i am going nuts.
Just to go to work each day is hard in itself without having to be nice to the public all day.
I am usually a very strong person but dont know why this has cut to such an extent.
I know that in that day at the hospital, there was a pregnancy loss, the loss of our grandchildren and a daughter who was so rude and disrespectful.
I have often felt that this daughter may have Bi Polar, but at the moment its me who feels nuts.
Just want some tools to try and cope better cause it feels like a dark cloud over me and i cant seem to get out.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Sorry to hear about all this but are you asking what you can do about the way you're feeling now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Before recently did you have any problem with what sounds like a severe bout of depression? Have you talked to anyone about what's happenend and how you're feeling?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Have never felt like this before but not surprised because it has been an ongoing rollercoaster ride with Emily for the past 6 years. I suppose this last time has taken its toll as a mother.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I understand completely. Would you consider seeing a therapist about your problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It will be ok. These answers are not quite what i was looking for but thankyou for your time. Will work things out for myself.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I didn't give you an answer as yet and I am concerned when you talk of working things out yourself. I do want to help here. Are you asking what you can do yourself without seeking council?