Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have allergic perennial rhinitis. The mucous is so bad and

Customer Question

I have allergic perennial rhinitis. The mucous is so bad and I am having to sleep sitting up because it runs into my chest during sleep causing extreme discomfort and fear of infection. Can you give advice specifically on how to deal with this. I am worried about pneumonia since I am 68.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Have you got your mucus tested by culture test?

Have you got antibiotics?

Have you seen ENT doctor and have you got CT scan of your sinuses?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Please use reply to respond, i will give you medical advise and home remedy too. I am myself an ENT doctor so it's my speciality to deal with allergic rhinitis. Regards