Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have two large blisters Size of small date stone on foreskin

Customer Question

I have two large blisters Size of small date stone on foreskin which are very painful and ongoing I have Thrush recently and which cleared both sores
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

have you had any recent unprotected sexual exposure?

Dr. P Jyoti :

have you started any new medicines?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello have you started any new medicines?

Dr. P Jyoti :

please type your response and then press 'enter' or 'reply' to send your message

Dr. P Jyoti :

I asked, have you started any new medicines prior to these outbreaks?

JACUSTOMER-g59h7ezu- :

No I have not had sex for 16 yeas I have triethoprim tablets

Dr. P Jyoti :

when did you take the trimethoprim tablets? was it just before these eruptions?

JACUSTOMER-g59h7ezu- :

Yes I have a bladder Catheter and the penis leakd urine

Dr. P Jyoti :

well, in that case these blisters are almost certain to be drug reactions

Dr. P Jyoti :

trimethoprim and many other antibiotics can cause a drug reaction

Dr. P Jyoti :

these are called fixed drug reactions

Dr. P Jyoti :

blisters on the penis or penis foreskin are a typical form of fixed drug reactions

Dr. P Jyoti :

you must now show your doctor for this

Dr. P Jyoti :

the blisters will usually subside on their own, but you will need to take medicines called antihistaminics

Dr. P Jyoti :

this will help them to subside early

Dr. P Jyoti :

do not worry about this, it is not a major cause for worry and will be self resolving

Dr. P Jyoti :

other causes of such blisters can be a recurrence of herpes type 2, herpes zoster, fungal infections.

Dr. P Jyoti :

but it is most likely to be a fixed drug reaction from the trimethoprim

Dr. P Jyoti :

for now, you can take Benadryl capsules which will help this to subside

Dr. P Jyoti :

take according to directions on the pack, also remember that it can cause sleepiness

Dr. P Jyoti :

but you must contact your doctor for this

Dr. P Jyoti :

contact your doctor before taking the next dose of trimethoprim if you have any remaining doses

Dr. P Jyoti :

otherwise the blisters may recur

Dr. P Jyoti :

you can call the doctors office also and talk to the nursing or other assistant for this

Dr. P Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P Jyoti :

most likely a fixed drug reaction which will subside on its own

Dr. P Jyoti :

but contact your doctor at the earliest

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P Jyoti :

do you have any further questions? Is there any more information that you need?

Dr. P Jyoti :

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello do you have any further questions?

Dr. P Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, please rate my service.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello are you there?

JACUSTOMER-g59h7ezu- :

The pain in penis is very strong and on going

Dr. P Jyoti :

take a tylenol tablet for this

Dr. P Jyoti :

but at the same time show your doctor at the earliest

Dr. P Jyoti :

pain could also signify herpes zoster or herpes 2

Dr. P Jyoti :

but drug reaction is most likely

Dr. P Jyoti :

Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P Jyoti :

take care

JACUSTOMER-g59h7ezu- :

It is very painful also, and continuous

Dr. P Jyoti :

yes its best to take a tylenol tab for the pain

Dr. P Jyoti :

also show your doctot

Dr. P Jyoti :

also show your doctor for this

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr. P Jyoti :

any further info that you need?

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hi Roland,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Dr. P. Jyoti
Hi Roland,

Dr. P. Jyoti
Hi Roland,

Dr. P. Jyoti