jbmd
jbmd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified physician in Internal Medicine - 30+ years experience
69164063

My father suffers from poor circulation, is there anything

Customer Question

My father suffers from poor circulation, is there anything that helps
Expert:  jbmd replied 4 years ago.

jbmd :

Thank you for asking this question--I can give you advice but I can't treat or examine obviously. Nor can I take the place of local medical care

jbmd :

poor circulation, especially what is called "intermittent claudication" is very common in the elderly.

jbmd :

Can you chat now? I am online now.

jbmd :

When you return, please give me his medication list and any chronic illnesses he has like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, history of stroke.

jbmd :

This is really common and why older people like their houses heated to a high temperature.

jbmd :

You didn't post anything--I was asking about medications because drugs like propanolol or other beta blockers for the heart or for blood pressure can cause constriction of the blood vessels and cold limbs and switching to something else can help. No one should suggest anything for a 94 year old without some idea of the person's health and medications.