Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Can geopathic stress be the cause of painful and swollen wrists

Customer Question

Can geopathic stress be the cause of painful and swollen wrists and hands, when blood samples taken show negative results such as gout, reumetoid arthritis, uric acid, lupus etc.

Is there a remedy to overcome this

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--may I first ask why you think you may have geopathic stress? And can you tell me more about your physical problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear Doctor,

I did respond the same day, and don't know what happened, but will try again now.

It was in early 1990 that I first experienced dizziness, buzzing ears, heavy head and head pains, nausea and pumping heart. It was at the time when electrical pylons were erecetd approximately 200m from the house. I went to my GP and she suggested I see a specialist who had me under observation for three nights in hospital, only to be released with a clean build of health. Owing to the symtoms I sold the house, and in my new home found that the problem continued. A physist was reccommended, and he found electro magnetic radiation pollution, four times higher on the ground floor than it should be, and micro wave radiation pollution - cell masts, 1000mw per square meter on the top floor. It was suggested that I move immediate
dly as the problem was that within 250m of the new home a bank data centre was seen as the problem.
I did as was suggested and had the physist check the new home which he declared satisfactory. It is now four years later that I'm still in the same residence.
My current problem started in March this year, which wasn't severe at all, but now I experience - bee sting like pains shooting through my hand and wrist which is swollen with stiff hand and fingers, it has moved to the other hand with the same sensation. My GP has taken blood tests for uric acid, reumetoid arthritis, lupus, and gout all of which proved negative. Blood pressure was found raised and now treated with Pearinda along with anti inflammatory and pain killers when needed.
Currently I'm really in good shape as I believe in regular execise, good diet, no smoking or drinking.
Have you any suggestions on what is the cause, as it is very restricting in my daily life.
I shall look forward to receiving your response as soon as you are able.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry that I never got your first reply. What specific testing for autoimmune disorders like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis did your doctor run and have you had and have you had x-rays of the hands and wrists?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Doctor, in reply I don't understand your question about autoimmune, as mentioned I had blood tests taken and all the supposed problems high lighted were found negative.
Regarding x-rays this hasn't been done, and assume I would have to see a specialist which I was trying to avoid because of the cost and if it was vital that I should, what information would you want to derive from the result. Might you suggest Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or Flitting Arthritis which the latter was mentioned when I was in hospital.?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay--one more question. What parts of your hands are involved with the pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Both hands are swollen particularly on waking in the morning, which are stiff and sore. The bee sting sensation is mostly experienced in the wrists, and the fleshy part of the thumb.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
So sorry for the delay--just one more question. Was your thyroid function studied and were you screened for vitamin deficiencies?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In reply, my thyroid has never been checked. May I ask why you are considering the Thyroid, Is it vital that I have a blood sample taken.?
Regarding Vitamin defiencies, my daughter is a Kinisiologist, who checks me periodically, and therefore would like to think this in order.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--and we can continue after this if you'd like. Here are the things I would check on you because any of them could be the cause of your symptoms--low thyroid, magnesium deficiency, heavy metal (lead and mercury) toxicity, Lyme disease titer, and some specialized testing for possible rheumatoid arthritis.