Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

My son was stung over an hour ago by a wasp? we applied antihistamine

My son was stung over an hour ago by a wasp? we applied antihistamine cream, but he got a violent headache immediately after the sting, he had taken a antihistamine tablet this am
He still has the headache,has he had an allergic reaction??
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear about discomfort of your son. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Is there any redness or swelling at the site of bite?
Is there itching?
Is the headache continuous?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

slight redness on the sight

very little swelling

no itching

headache continuous

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Yes,the symptom of headache your son is having is most likely because of allergic reaction from wasp bite.

Toxic reaction/allergic reaction symptoms usually ease within 48 hours with no permanent effects.

Following will help him greatly:

-Wash the site thoroughly with soap and water.

- Place ice (wrapped in a washcloth) on the site of the sting for 10 minutes and then off for 10 minutes.

-Over the next several days, watch for signs of infection (such as increasing redness, swelling, or pain).

-Continue to take oral anti histamine tablet benadryl (anti allergic) once a day & applying the ointment.

-Take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen 400mg from your counter.It will reduce the swelling & will provide relief in headache.

All this will help him greatly.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that his headache is because of the allergic symptom.Headache is a less common symptom of allergy.Take the above described medications.It will help him greatly.Watch for the symptoms of infection over next few days.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

How is your son's headache now?
Has he taken tab.benadryl?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert