Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Hi, I have just discovered a lump in the top upper back left

Customer Question

Hi, I have just discovered a lump in the top upper back left part of my breast. Im freaking out right now and don't know what to do?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

At your age, it is far more common that a new lump is a benign cyst than anything worrisome, such as cancer. However, it is appropriate to perform a proper evaluation to assure that it is benign.

The first step is to be seen by your primary care doctor for an examination. Depending upon what is found on examination, then it may be appropriate to perform diagnostic studies, such as an ultrasound of the breast.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.