Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

Have started on Sertraline 50mg yesterday, feeling very anxious

Customer Question

Have started on Sertraline 50mg yesterday, feeling very anxious and want to know if I take a 1/2 of Ativan as well as a one off would I be wanting to take more if I am still anxious tomorrow or the day after.
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

Feeling the need to take a medication again as Ativan is called dependence and that should not happen with an isolated intake of 0.5 mg once only.

However it would be best to inform your doctor of this persistence of anxiety so that he/she may add another medication (most likely from the same drug group as ativan and with lesser chances of dependence when used for some time) for better control over your symptoms.

So yes you may take it at present however it would be best not to repeat it tomorrow and instead get an appointment with your doctor for tomorrow.

Hope this helps :)

Please remember to click on Positive Rating (Preferably number 5 please) if satisfied. If you need further clarification please let me know instead of any rating.

Warm Wishes
Dr MASK
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not completely satisfied with the reply to my question and therefore would like to be refunded the amount of £26 to my account as the policy stated at the beginning of the session.

kind regards, j yiangou

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry if I was not able to explain myself to your satisfaction.

As long as long as you do not show your satisfaction with the reply through a rating no amount of money is charged for the answer.

Best Wishes :)
Dr MASK