Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have a blood blister on my leg my foot is very painful on

Customer Question

I have a blood blister on my leg my foot is very painful on the bottom and sore round my ankle could these be connected
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Hello Julie,

Yes, these could be connected.

If you have a blood blister, and the surrounding areas are sore and painful, this could signify an infection of the blister.

It is probably not a coincidence that you are having pain in the area at the same time that you are having this blister.

You need to show your doctor for this. SHow your GP for this.

You are likely to need antibiotics for this, so you need to show your doctor early.

Meanwhile, warm compresses on the blister will help. Take care not to prick or burst the blister. Keep the area dry and clean.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.