How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65307
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

It may sound silly but im 38 and have just come out of a relatio

Customer Question

It may sound silly but i'm 38 and have just come out of a relationship. As you can imagine at this age all my friends are wrappd up in family things so hard for me to find any one to lean on during this break up unlike when we were younger. Am not looking forward to the weekend with no plans as no one is availble. Don't like doing things on my own when i am down lik this as it just emphasises my loneliness
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Have you seen a professional.
For example, for cognitive behavioral therapy.
For assessment for depression or other problem?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am seeing a councellor at the moment

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
What credentials?
What training?
What diagnoses?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She is a qualified councellor and we are reviewing non medical options as she thinks my depression might be coming back. I am reluctnat to use medication as i got quiet hooked on it last time and relied on it too much.


Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Cognitive behavioral therapy has been shown to have as much effect as medication in many instances.

But it is usually taught by PhD clinical psychologists.

If your counselor is not highly experienced and qualified in CBT, then I suggests that you find an actual therapist.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
simply use reply to respond
Please don't forget a positive rating when done