Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

is surgery nessary for adenoma parathyroid

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

In the majority of cases with pronounced symptoms, surgery is the treatment of choice and provides permanent relief.
In about 5 percent of individuals who do not have any symptoms of parathyroid adenoma - medical therapy can keep the symptoms at bay but they also require surgery once the symptoms start to appear.
The removal of the adeoma along with the parathyroid gland which contains it is the best treatment and this avoids complications such as bone disease and kidney disease.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating if you are satisfied.
If you have more queries or need further information please reply back without rating.
Best.