Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

i have a pain in the right side of my torso just below last

Customer Question

i have a pain in the right side of my torso just below last rib. Had it a few days ago and reappeared today
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

Does anything trigger it?

Eating?

Breathing?

Movement?

Exertion?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no nothing, i did have a rather physical and bruising day sailing the day before it first appeared but then it went away but came back with a vengeance this morning. When I press in the area just below the lower rib it is very painful. I cant tell whether it is the rib or something in pain below it.

Thanks Ian.

This is likely an internal organ like your liver or gall bladder or a muscle/soft tissue injury

You could have easily pulled a muscle here.

It's not likely your gall bladder if there is no issue with eating.

Possibly your liver but I doubt it unless you are sick or drink excessive alcohol

Most likely this is a soft tissue injury...muscle or other soft tissue related.

I would ask your doctor for blood work or an ultrasound to be sure but I suspect it will just take time to heal

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my work. However, my main goal is your 100% satisfaction. If you are satisfied, please rate positively. If not, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.