Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

I have no problem going to sleep but It is at 2hourly intervals,

Customer Question

I have no problem going to sleep but It is at 2hourly intervals, no matter what time I sleep it is always the same ,e.g. sleep at 10pm awake at 12 midnight.
sleep at 1am awake at 3am
I go back to sleep no problem but again it is only for 2hrs I arise at 7am every day, some days I feel exhausted and I sleep for an hour around about 9.30.
I would just like to be able to sleep for at least 6hrs without a break.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. Do you have any anxiety, depression or stress?

Q. Are you on any medication?

Q. Previously diagnosed medical conditions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no to all three questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no to all three questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.
What is your Gender?

For how long do you wake up after 2 hours of sleep?

Are you breathless?

Do you have any dreams during these periods of sleep?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1.Hardly at all go back to sleep almost at once.

2.No

3.Yes I do have dreams, not always just sometimes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the details.

This kind of sleep disturbance is usually due to sleep apnea and that can lead to a disturbed sleep leaving the sufferer fatigued and lethargic for the rest of the day.
Since, you do not have any stress or anxiety - a depressive illness or psychological aspect can be ruled out.
Other conditions that can cause sleep disturbances cause insomnia instead of intervals of sleep like you are experiencing.
But in order to get to the bottom of this, here is what you need to do.
You should see a sleep therapist and have a polysomnogram and a sleep study done. During this test your brain activity will be measured and monitored and your sleep patterns recorded. Sleep apnea can be diagnosed and if there is something else preventing a full cycle of sleep then that can be established as well.
Treatment depends on the underlying cause found in the sleep study. Rehabilitation, correction of sleep apnea, using a c-pap, psychotherapy, sleep medication and hypnosis are all approved treatments.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries please reply back without rating.
Best.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I understood from my practitioner who advised me to use this website that I would be receiving immediate help in fixing my. problem. I feel he could have given me the very same advice which I have paid £26 for, now it seems I shall have to sort out more professional advice.

Thanks any way for your help.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Please let me know if you would like to continue or if you prefer for me to close your question.