Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

HI I HAVE HAD A BIT OF BLURED VISSION IN MY LEFT EYE FOR 2

Customer Question

HI I HAVE HAD A BIT OF BLURED VISSION IN MY LEFT EYE FOR 2 DAYS NOW BUT TODAY I HAVE WOKEN UP TO IT BEING IN BOTH... IF I COVER MY RIGHT EYE I CANT READ THE SCREEN IN FRONT OF ME PROPERLY AND IF I COVER MY LEFT IT TAKES A WHILE TO FOCUS BUT I CAN MAKE OUT WHAT IM READING
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. Any previously diagnosed medical conditions?

Q. Is there any discharge from the eyes - watering etc.?

Q. Any gritty sensation in the eyes?

Q. Is the white of the eyes red or angry looking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi thankyou

a 1 . no

a 2 . no

a 3 . no

a 4 . no

my eyes don't hurt or anything its just a blured vision ... its frustrating cus I feel like im permananty straining to focus ... looking into the mirror my pupils seem large but as I get closer they seem to shrink as usuall ...

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a headache?

Any flashes or floaters seen in the visual field?

Numbness tingling or confusion otherwise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I very small head ache ... but I have had my wisdom tooth removed recently that has taken over 3 weeks to heal .. ( and is still not better ) I think I have some nerve damage from it and that is where the head ache comes from ..

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the details.

I would not attribute the nerve damage to a tooth extraction and associate headaches with it since there is no direct relationship between them however, it is possible.
On the other hand, you have progressive worsening of vision in both your eyes along with a headache and this can raise concerns about glaucoma, temporal arteritis, weakness of eye sight and even a minor stroke or an organic lesion in the brain.
An eye examination is in order here and it should be done as soon as possible since the progression in your case is rapid and in two days as you mentioned you have developed significant blurring of vision in both your eyes one by one.
This should be addressed early and the best course of action will be to see a physician in the ER or an urgent care for an eye examination and retinoscopy to rule out the serious conditions I mentioned above.
If they are not suspicious of any of the above after an examination then a thorough work up can be done on convenience.
Please leave a positive rating if satisfied with the assist.
If you want further information or have more queries, reply back without rating.
Best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My grandfather and his mother went blind from muscular degeneration and my mum has eye troubles too .. can this be handed down .?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, certain eye conditions are inherited and can be handed down from generation to generation, these include in adults - macular degeneration, glaucoma, optic neuritis, cataracts, amblyopia, shortsightedness, longsigthedness etc.
If you have a family history of eye disease and macular degeneration then you should see an Ophthalmologist, but for now the current situation needs to be addressed.
Best.