Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

hi..i am 28 years old my husband is the same age..we decided

Customer Question

hi..i am 28 years old my husband is the same age..we decided 4 months ago to try for a baby, but until now even if we have regular sexual contact nothing has worked.even before i have not used any anticontraception method, so i do not know why it has nit happened yet and i am starting to panic.I want to add that in the last 1 year i was having terible migrains and i was prescribed different medication, as antiepileptics, antidepresives, codeine, etc.
Please help me because i really wish to get pregnant and all this waiting is starting to have it's toll on me.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Hello, I am assuming you are not on any medication now. Do not worry, the medication you took in the past is not harming your ability to become pregnant.

It is normal for it to take some time to conceive. In fertile couples, about 60% will be pregnant after 6 months of trying. After one year about 90% will be pregnant. It takes some time.

It may help to buy an ovulation predictor kit to determine your most fertile time. Be sure to follow the directions exactly. I hope this helps.