DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

i got up to go to the toilet and colapsed on the floor the

Customer Question

i got up to go to the toilet and colapsed on the floor the only way i can explain is i had no bones in my legs just jelly i have been told this maybe stress related
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Did you also feel as though you were about to pass out? Have you seen a doctor about it? And do you have any medical conditions or take any medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i woke up 2 oclock in the morning i wasn't dizzy etc i havnt seen a doctor only cholesterol tablets

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK but can you tell me a little more about what happened? You didn't feel faint or cold or dizzy at all? How did you feel just after you fell?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

shocked and scared and cold but i was ok a few seconds later went to the toilet then went back to bed

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--not stress related but it sounds as though you probably had a vasovagal reaction. Stimulation of the vagus nerve (and it can happen with bowel movements or emptying the bladder) will slow down the heart rate and drop the blood pressure and cause this kind of event. Nothing at all serious and it may never happen again, but just to be on the safe side you should let your doctor know about this since it can also happen with a cardiac arrhythmia or it can be a transient ischemic attack--a threatened stroke. I don't think it was anything more than a simple vasovagal reaction, but I can't tell you that everything's fine and you should just forget about it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i never emptied my bladder it happened before i went to the toilet

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i would like an answer
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Chip is off line but is answer above iscorrect.
Did you see it?
Vaso vagal can happen at any time

The other possibilities are the rhythm problem he mentions.
TIA...mini stroke
Seizure
Sudden drop in blood pressure from autonomic dysfunction.

You are really not giving symptoms of the more serious problems, so I think Dr. Chip is correct in his answer above.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok what is your advise what should i do go to the doctors u mention low blood pressure , mini stroke , vaso vagal, so these are not serious

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
These are serious.
Vaso vagal is not serious, except for the fall.
All of the others are serious and need to be ruled out by your doctor.
My opinion is that you should be examined as soon as possible to rule these out, starting with blood pressure checks and EKG, then further testing if indicated.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.