Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

please help with my slow heart rate. Doctor and hospital are

Customer Question

please help with my slow heart rate. Doctor and hospital are not doing much to help
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
What evaluation has been done to this point?
When your heart rate slows, what is your blood pressure?
Are you currently taking any medicines?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry i have not been able to get through i have checked my pay pal and have paid three lots of 26.00 pleas refund me 2 lots

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i have waited to long and have paid three lots of 26.00 and no answers
The experts cannot access the financial aspect of the system, but you can contact Customer Service by sending an e-mail to [email protected]

However, I can address the medical issues if you could provide the additional information requested above. Once you provide the additional information, then I can address the question and provide an answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i h was in may. my heart rate was fast then. since then it has slowed down and blood ptessure low before thatad echo cardiogram and holter i week t in may my blood pressure was high and i was bendroflumothiazide and also on thyroxin

est came back as normal that

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please somneone answer what am i paying for nothing showing inm y email

Thank you for the additional information.

I asked about the evaluation because it is important to be certain that there is no problem outside the heart that is causing the slow heart rate. Thyroid disease is a common problem that may be the underlying cause, and it sounds like you have hypothyroidism and are on thyroxine replacement. It will typically take 4-6 weeks for the thyroid levels to stabilize on replacement, but it also may need further adjustment of the dose. The blood tests are typically checked again after 6 weeks, and the dose adjusted as appropriate.

It is also common for a slow heart rate to be due to certain medicines, which is why I asked the question, but none of these medicines will cause a slow heart rate.

If the thyroid replacement is not sufficient to improve the situation, and no other underlying cause was found, then the usual next step for treatment of a slow heart rate is placement of a pacemaker. This would be more important if the blood pressure also drops significantly when the heart rate is slow, which is why I asked that above. A pacemaker would be inserted by a Cardiologist, so seeing a Cardiologist would be the next step.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been taking thyroxin for 1 year i was puton higher dose in december in may i noticed i was having palpatations going on from december. I told my doctor he said will not be thyroxin as results are normal in may he reduced then palpatations stopped. my heart rate went down.My blood tests say normal range TSH2.5 this is british results but heart rate went slower yet not slower before when i was on 25mc so why go slower when went back to normal dose as 50mcg was to high has this damaged heart through over stimulation. I was being treated for high blood pressure till may went to hospital chest pain heart rate over 100 blood pressure 135over 95

Yes, a TSH of 2.5 is normal and indicates that you are receiving an adequate dose of thyroid replacement.

Certain blood pressure medicines can cause a slow heart rate as a side effect, but you did not state any of these medicines in the information above.

At this point, since you have been on an adequate dose of thyroid replacement and are not taking any medicines that can slow the heart rate, it would be appropriate to be seen by a Cardiologist for consideration of insertion of a pacemaker.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can thia be caused by stress or tiredness as i am extremally distressed. I have sleep apnoea and reflux but been told apnea not bad enough to treat as is only 6 times a hour. Nothing works for reflux have had ppiOOS GETS STUCK IN MY THROAT MUCUS IN THROAT AND NOSEougaviscon doesnot work. I went through a period of not being able to eat or drink more than 2 cup HEART GOES SLOWER FROM TO MUCH WORK

s of water a day. I WENT E CAUSED THIS I AM SCARED I WILL DIE THROUGH SLOW HEART CAN IT BE REVERSED. I CANNOT LEAVE HOUSE AS I AM BREATHLESS IF I TRY TO HELP IN HOUSE MYFROM 16ST 2 IL TO 12ST 7 1LBS COULD LACK OF FOOD AND WATER HAV

Anxiety and stress tends to increase heart rate rather than slow heart rate. Similarly sleep apnea and reflux also typically do not cayse a slow heart rate.

When no other cause can be found, it is usually a problem with the natural pacemaker of the heart, and the proper treatment is to provide an artificial pacemaker for the heart, which is what would be inserted by the Cardiologist.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

would this not show on ecg my doctor sent the forms that my husband gave him to a cardiologist 6 weeks ago and had no reply. why should this happen is it from my not eating and drinking enough if so can this be corrected. I am frightened i need a pacemaker can this be done without sedation. Is it safe for me to be walking around and sleeping in this condition i am afraid heart will stop my doctor is not reassuring. i have kept away from hospital as they told me i am going to much. so have not been for 2 months the last time in june they used gtn spray and i felt better but checked my trace said ok but did not offer gtn. my ecgs show inverted twaves i had this 7 years ago said it was ok normal for women. if electrical system wrong will this show on ecg. I have asked for referral to private cardiologist but need aletter of referral from gp this is how it works in england but doctor will not give me one you cannot go without one.

If the slow heart rate comes and goes, it may not show on an ECG that is done, as the problem may not be present when the heart is slow. However, when the heart rate is down to 50 or the 40s, the ECG will show the slow heart rate.

It is fine for you to be active to the extent that your symptoms will allow. If you feel weak or lightheaded, then it would be appropriate to rest rather than push yourself. But otherwise, you can perform normal activity. It also would be OK for you to sleep until you can be seen by a Cardiologist..

A pacemaker insertion is not done without sedation or anaesthesia.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ha.ve i caused this ny not eating and drinking properly.How do i know my heart will not stop when it is in the39 area. When i had sleep apnea test in may my heart rate was50 when i wad aslkeep. Now down to 39 this shows a slow decline. My doctors say ok dont worry i have breathing problems i said to doctor it is like ashma acid or bile or gas getting into lungs they say cannot happen them i am breathless for days eatin or not eatin effects it eatin makes worse. doctor gave me spiromoter to try but cannot use or i canot breath for rest of day. i think when i am like this it is depriving my hear tof oxygen that is why my heart is slow. will this have caused a lot of damage or can this be reversed.my life has been miserable we have had one of the best summers for years and i have been nowhere i try to go to shops with husband in car but get breathless which makes constipation and reflux worse then stress. I feel so alone and worried and my husban does not say much to doctors i am fighting t

A slow heart rate is caused by the reason noted above. It is not due to a poor diet or by not eating or drinking properly. If you are afraid that your heart will stop and need further reassurance that you are safe, then you need to go to A&E. I cannot perform a proper assessmentr over the internet, but there is nothing in what you have described that indicates that you should be concerned about your heart stopping. If you need further reassurance, then you would need to be seen.