Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

can you help with the symptoms i sent

Customer Question

can you help with the symptoms i sent
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
I sent a request for additional information on your original post.
Please respond in that post so that all of the information remains together and so that you will only be charged for one question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please tell me what information you need

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have replied and getting no answers please reply i am getting stressed

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i cannot get through please refund me 3 lots of £26.00 i am paying for no answers what is wrong i cannot chat one on one keep looking at emails and nothing can i not have live chat.

I requested this in your original post at http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/7z1fg-please-help-slow-heart-rate-doctor-hospital.html.
You responded in that post saying that you have not yet had an answer, but did not address the request for additional information.
Please respond in that post.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i replied and get no answers or emails my password XXXXX not work tried new password XXXXX thatg does not work

I provided an answer in your original post, but I will copy it here.

I asked about the evaluation because it is important to be certain that there is no problem outside the heart that is causing the slow heart rate. Thyroid disease is a common problem that may be the underlying cause, and it sounds like you have hypothyroidism and are on thyroxine replacement. It will typically take 4-6 weeks for the thyroid levels to stabilize on replacement, but it also may need further adjustment of the dose. The blood tests are typically checked again after 6 weeks, and the dose adjusted as appropriate.

It is also common for a slow heart rate to be due to certain medicines, which is why I asked the question, but none of these medicines will cause a slow heart rate.

If the thyroid replacement is not sufficient to improve the situation, and no other underlying cause was found, then the usual next step for treatment of a slow heart rate is placement of a pacemaker. This would be more important if the blood pressure also drops significantly when the heart rate is slow, which is why I asked that above. A pacemaker would be inserted by a Cardiologist, so seeing a Cardiologist would be the next step.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.