Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Hi, My 11 year old boy has been to doc today and sent for an

Customer Question

Hi, My 11 year old boy has been to doc today and sent for an x-ray. Unfortunately he has a rather large protusion of his left side sternum. It has significantly grown within two weeks - it is now 2 cm raised and about 15cm long. It causes him no pain, but has significant shortness of breath when playing and when he is laying down, he explains the feeling as someone is sitting on him, and therefore he wheezes. He is not Asthmatic and the Dr said his lungs are clear. The Doctor was brilliant and responsive today, but he said he would like to talk to me whilst my son was not around - very nervous! Please help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JA
I am sorry but there is no information to go on here
Was this a growth on the bone or something else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know because as I wrote in my very detailed email, that I only took him to dr today!!!!!! I was wanting to pay for your advice.................

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
First
find out if there was a finding
How do you know that there is this finding.....where did you get this description?