Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

i am taking seroxet and reboxetine for ocd. the reboxetine

Customer Question

i am taking seroxet and reboxetine for ocd. the reboxetine is for energy because of the ocd. it works ok. at the start of taking reboxetine i had a very cold mouth and lips for about a year and felt it contained some kind of peppermint. this is laot better now, but the tablet really dries my body fluids,and i have just realised something. when i get an illness i dont get it bad enough to stay in bed with just enough to be able to carry on and go to work but feeling only 50%. the illness then seems to last for ages. i was quite pleased that my body is so dry that when i get a cold i dont have a runny nost or throat anymore, but realise this may be why i have the illnesses for so long. i have had a bit of a cold and backache for 2 months now and although it is alot better now it is still there. i dont get coughs anymore and only cough up phleghm occassionally, so i was wondering if this is why i have these illnesses for so long because they cannot get out in fluids? my sisterr had this cold and backache for only just under 2 weeks and i still have a horrible throat and niggly backache and tiredness most of the time.it is only now i am a litttle better that i can see how ill i was and how lacking in energy. do you think it could be this explanation and what can i do about it?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

different people have different strengths in their immune system.

Dr. David :

for some people a simple cold can take several months to recover if their immune system is not that strong.

Dr. David :

you can try to boost your immune system by getting more rest, exercising, eating high nutrient dense foods

Dr. David :

I am glad you are a lot better now than 2 months ago.

Dr. David :

hopefully you will continue to slowly improve and heal.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

JACUSTOMER-9rcsn10q- : I wanted to know about the reboxetine and if it was why I took so long to get better, because I have no fluids therefore no runny nose or cough to let the germs come out. Can I take less reboxetine maybe one every other day, or less? I would like to still take reboxetine, but is this why I am ill for so long because I used to get better quickly and had bad runny nose and coughs. My eyes are also very dry causing stinging and redness and I need false tears for this , but they don't help much.
Dr. David :

yes, reboxetine can cause dry mouth and dry eyes.

Dr. David :

but you shouldn't change the dose of reboxetine.

Dr. David :

this can affect your treatment of ocd.

Dr. David :

more saliva and tears will not help keep you from getting sick.

Dr. David :

you have to wash your hands frequently to keep from getting sick.

Dr. David :

hello?