Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am in the UK and recently managed to get phentermine from

Customer Question

I am in the UK and recently managed to get phentermine from a doctor but she has not been able to get any recently. I am absolutely devastated as it is the only thing that works despite me being on a permanent diet.
I am hypothyroid on 150mg levothyroxine and on bio-identical HRT and my BMI is 30. If I did not constantly diet and excercise I would be huge. IN consume 850 calories per day and put weight on with conventional diets such as weightwatchers and slimming world. Please can you help me get phentermine on prescription.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You can only get a script for this drug from a doctor that has seen you and is taking care of you, and then only for a recommended 30 days, and not more than one refill in general...both in the US and UK

What is your question for us.
How can we help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am really depressed because I don't know what to do next. I am really losing heart because my weight is just increasing. I DO NOT eat poorly, I eat protein, very few carbs and lots of vegetables. Very little fruit because I gain weight weight with fruit. I do not drink alcohol and drink water only.

I currently trying the Fasting 5;2 diet by Dr Michael Moseley but it isn't working at the present time.

I cycle and rock climb but my energy levels are terrible because of the extra weight. Its like dragging 3 full rucsacs up a rockface.Please help

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Have you had your thyroid checked.
If so, what is your TSH value
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My latest thyroid tests showed my TSH was 1.25 My T4 was 18 but my T3 was low so my private doctor has given me T3 converter.

Since I started the converter I have put 1.5 kgs on !

I have had Armour thyroid replacement previously but I am better on the levothyroxine ( about 18 months )

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
So you are diagnosed hypothyroid>?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2008

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
this is your problem
What is the lowest your TSH has been, 1.25?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi sorry for delay.... family illness last night.

The lowest my TSH has been was 0.79 and my T4 at that time was19.

However it did not help me lose weight.

That was January this year.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
Tell me what you typically eat, meal to meal...if you would like some help with this.
Phenteramine does not cause more than 10% of weight loss, it is not for long term and other than help jump start a program it does not work, not to mention it is a dangerous medication.