Dr Peter Bush
Dr Peter Bush, Doctor
Experience:  Member of the Institute of Healthcare Management
75055251

Hiya am worried, my breasts are sore and am spotting pinkish

Customer Question

Hiya am worried, my breasts are sore and am spotting pinkish blood but no due my period until the 22nd of september, a have a 5month baby boy dont want another one

Expert:  Dr Peter Bush replied 3 years ago.

Dr Peter Bush :

Dr Peter Bush :

As you have a 5 month old baby, this could be usual spotting, have you taken a pregnancy test?

Dr Peter Bush :

From the description of your symptoms, you seem to be suffering from inter-menstrual bleeding. It could be due to several causes. Firstly, you should get a pregnancy test done to rule out miscarriage as the cause of bleeding if you had unprotected sexual intercourse prior to that.

Other causes which need to be looked into are fluctuation in hormone levels, hypothyroidism & fibroid in the uterus. It could also be due to a genital infection, cervical polyps or ectopic pregnancy.

You should consult your GP first then ask for a referral to a gynecologist for the diagnosis and treatment as without examination, confirmation of diagnosis is difficult. I sincerely hope that helps. If you could leave positive feedback that would be great.

Dr Peter Bush :

If I can be of any further assistance please message me back

Dr Peter Bush :

Do you require any further assistance, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer positively below