Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I fell over on my elbow and it has swelled up and and is a

I fell over on my elbow and it has swelled up and and is a bit squisht fluid there I have had an operation for a burstitus there before will this heal by itself its only been less than a week it is a little painfull but i still have all my range of movements its only been less than a week
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--no swelling or bruising?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

quite a bit of bruseing and a little swelling when i touch it its like a bit squidgy

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--most likely if the pain is subsiding and you have full range of motion this is nothing but a contusion Tony. I do worry a little about the bruising since that can sometimes indicate a small fracture. Given that you've had previous surgery on that elbow, just for safety's sake, I suggest you have a doctor examine it since I can't do that on line.