jbmd
jbmd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified physician in Internal Medicine - 30+ years experience
69164063

Hi, Im having huge depressions for about 4 years now, I lost

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having huge depressions for about 4 years now, I lost all my confident in my self I feel i dont have any energy to do anything i have been unsuccessful with 4 men because of my depressions and always crying and at the beginning of this year i was really bad and I tried to kill my self, I dont have that feeling anymore, but i am scare all the time of feeling again, a month ago i start to see someone and was helped me a lot, i was feeling better but a week ago i got a really bad depression and i start to use that to pressure him to dont escape from me, because i felt scare, the problem is that this have happened me for 4 years or a bit more now even this have make me sad and no good enough in my career, I am trying every day, but i think i need help i would do the same with every person i will know, I have problems before with my step that and some bad experience in my family, I would to clean all of that, to feel confident dont feel scare that i gonna lost the person who is next to me, i normally think they only want to have sex with me and always say that to them, i want to stop this and feel better with my self before i know someone who probably will be a nice person and i mess everything for my problems.
I appreciate your time to read this,
Many Thanks
Liliana
Expert:  Dr Peter Bush replied 3 years ago.

Dr Peter Bush :

Hi Liliana, have you received any medical help for these problems

JACUSTOMER-o0fi4v7q- :

Hi, no

Dr Peter Bush :

Are you registered with a GP?

JACUSTOMER-o0fi4v7q- :

yes, I am

Dr Peter Bush :

I would recommend that you visit your GP in the first instance to discuss your concerns with them, they can then refer you to someone you would be able to talk to in detail with about your feelings

JACUSTOMER-o0fi4v7q- :

ok

Dr Peter Bush :

Your GP could also prescribe you with medication which could help your issues.

Dr Peter Bush :

If you could please leave a positive rate at the bottom of the screen.

JACUSTOMER-o0fi4v7q- :

I will try thins is I work from 9am to 7pm monday to friday and i have try before to ask for an appointment but i always lost it

Dr Peter Bush :

You can use an out of hours GP which would be available when your own GP is closed. Or you can speak to your GP on the phone which may be easier for you

JACUSTOMER-o0fi4v7q- :

I appreciate that, that is alla that you gonna say? go to GP

Dr Peter Bush :

We cannot make a referral or know all your medical history on this site, the best option for your case is to visit or speak to your own GP, who can then make a referral for you to visit the counselling service provided in your own local health trust. They will provide you with the time and expertise which will help you to deal with the issues you are feeling. If you cannot visit your GP because of work commitments, you can ring the surgery and ask for a GP to ring you back and they may then make a referral from the telephone conversation, and could provide a prescription for some medication

Dr Peter Bush :

I am sorry that you feel that I provided bad service,

Dr Peter Bush :

I have offered the advice which is neccessary for your current case

Expert:  jbmd replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Liliana, I'd like to try to help you. I wish you didn't feel this way--it's all too common among young women to devalue themselves and feel their worth and feel men only want to have sex with them. (A man who only wants to have sex with a lovely, kind, caring young woman is a low-value man. You do not want to have a low-value man in your life. You are worth too much for that!) You don't mess everything in your life--you just have to learn to effectively navigate the mixed-up world we live in!

Please don't let this situation affect your career--that would only make you feel worse. I have some suggestions for you though here we can only give advice and not treat or replace local medical care.

You need to gain your confidence. In my treatment of people with low-self-esteem and depression, I always start with exercise daily if the person is physically able. Exercise, yoga, and meditation: all three of these lift the spirits and make one feel better about oneself and better able to ignore bad people around them.

I always explore whether the person is being abused by someone now or has been in the past--all too often, young women have been and for some reason internalize it as their own fault when they'd never tell that to a little girl they saw abused! Of course, that's not everyone, just many women.

It sounds as if you have some recurrent depression that affects your life negatively. You might not be able to get out of the depression without help--you have a choice between medicine and non-medicine treatment for this to get out of the cycle of depression.

Medical help would be medication by your GP. Non-medical help would be talk therapy with a therapist or my personal favorite, talk therapy combined with neurofeedback that helps retrain the brain to thing more effectively and clearly and become more under the control of what's best for you and not run away with worries and sadness.

I do know that, depending on where you are in the UK, all these things are available on the NHS.

Please write back if you have any questions about what I said--this is something that would be a shame to have continue when it CAN be controlled, with you feeling much more worthwhile and in control and I sincerely hope, HAPPY.

All best.