Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

weight loss plus ache on right side above hip?

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Hello and welcome. Weight loss is always concerning at age 87. It could be something very benign like lack of appetite which is actually very common. Pain in that area may also be from arthritis. It may respond to a heating pad.

Dr. K. :

Unfortunately weight loss and pain can also be a sign of cancer. In that area, the liver and the lung can cause pain. Bone pain may also cause this type of pain.

Dr. K. :

You must see a Dr right away for blood work and at least a chest xray to look into why you have lost weight and why you are having pain. I hope this helps. Best of luck.