Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

hi had a fever late last wk and went to the doctors he gave

hi had a fever late last wk and went to the doctors he gave me a weeks worth off penicillian vk, my symptoms at the time were extreme tiredness, sore throat and lump on side of my neck. however this is now a few days later these still exsist but also few blisters have appeared on roof off mouth and tongue and my top gum is looking slightly white? obv a small amount of blood has came from blisters when eating etc, is it anything to worry about or will it pass after my weeks treatment finished?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to comment
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Sohaib :

Hello and thank you for the question. Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person. I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Dr. Sohaib :

Do you still have fever?

Dr. Sohaib :

What about the size of lump? Same or reduced?

Customer:

fever is not as strong as was last weekend as can get up and about last few days, it seems to have shrunk ever so slighlty yes, was just concerened about white gums coming last day or 2

Dr. Sohaib :

For how many days have you been taking Penicillin?

Customer:

started taking them on monday along with co codemile but its only 2 tablets at night for easier sleeping

Dr. Sohaib :

Thank you very much for the useful information. Well yes, i think its too premature to say that the infection is not improving or has failed to get under control. Logically you should continue with the aantibiotic therapy for the complete week; hopefully this will improve (and it has started to improve a little already---fever is not as high as it was).

Dr. Sohaib :

Just keep yourself adequately hydrated and eat a high protein diet. It will fasten the recovery.

Customer:

fever is defo not as high as it was, should a be worried about white gums?

Dr. Sohaib :

Just wait for another few days and see how you respond to the antibiotic treatment.

Dr. Sohaib :

No need to worry about the white gums at the moment.

Customer:

ok thanks very much for ur help m8

Dr. Sohaib :

Goodluck and Get well soon :)

Dr. Sohaib :

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer:

t